WordPress has emerged as the Content Management System of choice for businesses and individuals who want an easy to use solution that helps them set up a fully functional website quickly and at no cost. It is estimated that more than 10% of websites online today are using WordPress as their CMS of choice. Bloggers, news websites, and even E-commerce sites use WordPress to run their websites. This platform has attracted the attention of millions of people all over the world who have benefitted from the very simple, yet incredibly powerful content management services of this platform. One of the great things about WordPress is that you can customize the look of your website completely by creating your own theme. A web designer can create a theme for you using Photoshop and then the PSD file can be converted into a WordPress compatible form. PSD to WordPress Conversion services are offered by a number of companies, and require a fair bit of knowledge and expertise to get it right. To help you in choosing a great PSD to WordPress conversion partner, we have put together some benchmarks to help you ascertain how capable a PSD conversion company is, and how well suited they are for your project, before you hire them:
1. Experience – PSD to WordPress conversion requires the knowledge of a photo editing tool like Photoshop, along with a good understanding of HTML and CSS. Experience is important because creating WordPress themes requires an understanding of W3C standards, along with common SEO knowledge, that can only be acquired over years by working on multiple projects. A good PSD conversion company usually employs a team of professionals who each handle one part of this task, and create themes rapidly. In addition you should have a look at actual projects they have delivered and speak to clients if possible.
2. Flexibility: The PSD conversion company that you hire should offer you flexible payment plans. Each PSD to WordPress conversion task is different, and there is no one single price that can fit all tasks. As such, you should try to find a company with flexible plans to suit your needs in terms of cost and deliverables.
3. After Sales Support: Once the theme has been created and delivered to you, the company you pick should offer revision and support services for it in case you need minor changes in the theme, or if the theme becomes incompatible with future versions of WordPress or its plugins. Such revisions should not cost you extra, and you should always inquire about these clauses before you begin any conversion project.
4. Hidden Costs: Hidden costs can come in the form of revision charges, which get added to the fee at the time of payment. The charges that you are quoted for PSD to WordPress conversion should always be all inclusive, since a sudden increase in cost can seriously affect your budget at times. Make sure all things are clear before any work commences on your project
5. Payment: Every good PSD conversion company insists on partial upfront payment as a deposit, and then request that you clear the invoice in full at the time of theme delivery. This is the standard way of doing business, and you should be wary of companies that request for large or complete payments upfront before they start the conversion process for your theme.
It’s not easy, but if you do your due diligence and look carefully, you can find great PSD conversion companies to help you with any type of PSD conversion. Ensure that you are happy and fully satisfied with the company before you start any work. Try to speak to client references and make sure to thoroughly look through their portfolio of work to ensure that they have the expertise and experience you need. If you need any help with any of your PSD to WordPress conversion or any other PSD conversion assistance, please feel free to reach out to the team atConvertPSDfiles.
By: Yusuf JavedApril 2nd, 2016